We Help First-Time Buyers
We know that the process of buying your first home in Ontario can be stressful, especially since it’s your first time! That is why we have a team prepared to help you along the way, with professionalism, expertise, and minimal stress.
Our team is uniquely qualified to help with buying a house in Ontario for the first time, to secure the perfect place, at the best price, in a timeframe that suits your needs.
Understanding the Home-Buying Process
We know that you might have questions about buying your first home in Ontario, and we would be happy to answer them.
That said, here are the core things you need to remember:
1. Define Objectives – The process can be overwhelming, which is why you should have clear goals outlined before you buy. Need a backyard? A rec room? Two bedrooms or three? Make a list and keep it close at hand.
2. Retain Counsel – A lawyer is often your best defense against future legal troubles – always have one before you buy. Our team is equipped to recommend several in the area that we trust to help you.
3. Making Offers – Preparing the paperwork and making the best offer for you depends on the professionals you work with. We can handle all the paperwork, all the discussions, to secure the best price possible for you.
4. Inspections – You need to know everything you can about your potential home, so never skip the inspection! A home inspector can bring any red flags to your attention, and there are many in the area that we can heartily recommend.
5. A Final Walkthrough – Before closing the deal, a final walkthrough can ensure that you are not missing a thing. Our team can help you do this, keeping the process simple while using our trained eye to identify any issues.
6. Preparation Is Key – The real estate market is always changing, which is why top-to-bottom preparation is key. We will help keep you prepared, while considering all the first-time home buyer rules to safeguard your interests.
Frequently Asked Homebuyer Questions
We know you might have questions about the home buying process, which is why we have put some of them together right here. Have more questions? All you have to do is reach out.
How do I know if I’m ready to buy?
Buying your first home in Ontario is about more than simply being able to decorate it; it’s about maintaining your new residence over the years, and realizing that part of your income will now be routed into this investment. It’s about willing to take measured risks – with realistic expectations of the rewards.
How much home can I afford?
It’s discouraging to find out that your salary will not stretch as far as the ideal home you want to own. However, sacrificing a huge part of your income just to pay the mortgage turn home ownership from a blessing to a burden. It's better to buy a modest home now, and look at purchasing your "dream home" in a few years – when you’re prepared to make the move up.
What is a debt-to-income ratio?
Your overall debt should not be more than 40% of your income, and your housing debt should not be more than 32%. What 32% of your income will buy depends on where you want to live. In rural areas, for example, it can buy a very comfortable residence and ample acreage. In sought-after urban areas, it may not even buy a bachelor suite.
How do I know what to look for?
Buying a house in Ontario for the first time comes with a lot of questions: Do you like the idea of cleaning your own gutters? Do you shudder at the thought of lawn care? Would you rather just pay a fee every month and have everything done for you? The answers to all these questions can help you narrow down the search for the right type of property for you – along with the help of experts.
The Lino Arci Team’s Proven Guidance
We have helped first-time buyers secure the right homes for their needs, as well as their future goals. Reach out to us today, and we can help you determine where you can buy, where you should buy, and any of the other first-time home buyer incentives and rules you should consider along the way.
Trust Us to Help You Start
Interested in purchasing your first home? Reach out today and we can walk you through the steps in the process.